The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 require you (if you are an employer) to appoint one or more competent persons to assist you in taking the measures necessary to comply with the requirements of health and safety legislation.
Where possible, the appointed person(s) should be one of your employees. However, if you are a new business start-up or a small to medium sized enterprise, you might feel that there isn’t’ anybody within the company that has the sufficient training and experience or knowledge and other qualities to be able to fulfil this role at this moment in time. If this is the case, then we will help you to get started.
Ambeck Associates Ltd can act as your appointed person and provide you with an ongoing level of support to suit your needs. This is an invaluable resource and a cost-effective way of accessing professional assistance, particularly if you are at a stage where you cannot afford to employ a full-time safety advisor of your own. You can contact us at any time and notify potential clients / customers and other relevant organisations that we are your appointed competent person(s). We will help you to manage safety sensibly and to avoid making ill-informed, rash and often expensive safety-related decisions. Our advisory service includes, but is not limited to;
- An annual health and safety policy review and updates.
- Support with carrying out risk assessments
- Support with developing and implementing policies, safe operating procedures and instructions
- Delivery of employee health and safety awareness training
- Site safety inspections
- Access to professional advice
- Evaluation of prospective contractors documented safety arrangements
- Assistance in preparing for contract tenders
- Establishing & attending safety committee / review meetings
- Frequent health & safety news updates
The cost of the package includes an agreed number of days of our time (except for telephone advice, which is unlimited during the term of the agreement), but of course these can be amended if you want them to be.
Payment can be spread over the course of the agreement period to ease cash flow and any additional work that arises out of, or is in connection with, the service will be decided by you and will automatically be given a discounted rate.
Any agreement that you enter into with us will be time specified and you can opt out at any stage during its life cycle.